Saturday, September 8, 2012

 Six years ago, Mike and I made the decision that started it all...at least in the family sense!
We had already traveled across the West together numerous times, spent days and weeks on the road and sleeping in the desert together under the Western stars. We had hiked and biked the trails of Moab, walked in the surf at Pacific Beach, and explored the backroads of the Mojave National Preserve.
In fact our main motivation for tying the knot legally was to start the process of adopting a little one.
 These two free spirits, who had never before considered parenthood, decided to take the leap. And oh, if it wasn't the start of the grandest adventure we'd ever faced!
 This was an exciting day, and the two years of paperwork, red tape, anticipation and apprehension that would follow were quite the whirlwind journey toward China and the one who would make our family complete.
 I have to thank my mother-in-law for these beautiful photos. In past years I have used my mum's beautiful photos so many times that I thought this year I'd explore a different batch.
 This is the gorgeous 4 Eagle Ranch outside of  Wolcott, CO, a short drive from our former home in the Vail Valley.
 So Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband, who has been the best companion on all these adventures, and who is now the best father a little girl could hope for!
It was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary ! Your are absolutely beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both! You looked so beautiful and so utterly in love. I wish you many more years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Happy Anniversary. I love how life works out, don't you?

    ReplyDelete